Mylene G. Cayetano, Ph.D.
Assistant College Secretary; Assistant Professor 6;
Senior Lecturer 2
Contact(s): email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Adjunct Research Fellow, International Environmental Research Institute (2016-present)
Ph.D. Environmental Science and Engineering (Air Quality), Gwangju Institute of Science
and Technology,South Korea (2012)
M.S. Environmental Science, University of the Philippines, Diliman
B.S. Chemistry, University of the Philippines, Diliman
Head: Environmental Pollution Studies Laboratory
- Air, Water and Soil contaminants and transport
- Environmental toxicology
- Air and Water Quality Management
- Sustainable Transport
- Emissions Inventory
- Green Chemistry
- Aquatic ecosystems rehabilitation
- Climate Change and co-benefits
- Cook stoves and indoor air pollution
- Clean Air for megacities and smaller cities
- Synergistic Capacity Advancement for the Management of Laguna Lake: SCALE (2017)
- Understanding the Impacts of Climate Change and Towards Adaptation in the Philippines (2017-2022), Year 1: Assessing the integrity of megacities environment: air and water quality
- Prevented emissions of carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide and particulate matter due to fleet shifting from conventional to electric tricycle (2017)
- Technical assistance to the air quality monitoring system of Rotary Club of Makati (2016)
- Determination of particulate and elemental emission factors from selected area and point sources in Metro Manila (2016)
- LEAP PH Megacities: Local Emissions, Air Pollution and Public Health studies in Philippine megacities (2015-2016)
- Polycylic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in size-segregated atmospheric particulate matter from a traffic site in Quezon City, Philippines (2015)
- Manila Aerosol Characterization Experiment (2015)
- Emission factors from motor vehicle pollution sources using a wind tunnel set-up (2014-2015)
- Determination of Particulate and Elemental emission factors from Selected Area and Point Sources in Metro Manila (2014)
- Env. Sci. 1
- Env. Sci. 232.1
- Env. Sci. 271.1
- Env. Sci. 271
- Env. Sci. 297
- Env. Sci. 299
- Env. Sci. 399
- Meteo 201
- Meteo 203
- Meteo 204
- Meteo 206
- Meteo 211
- Meteo 213
- Meteo 221
- Meteo 222
- Meteo 223
- Meteo 224
- Meteo 225
- Hagad, H.R. and Cayetano, M.G.(2018). PM10 and surface dust source characterization in Baguio City Central Business District (CBD), Philippines. Environmental Geochemistry and Health. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10653-018-0208-7.
- Borlaza, L.J.S., Cosep, E.M.R., Kim, S., Lee, K., Joo, H., Park, M., Bate, D., Cayetano, M.G., Park, K.,(2018). Oxidative potential of fine ambient particles in various environments, Environmental Pollution , doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2018.09.074.
- Jolejole, M. E., Kim, J.B., Jeon, D.J., Cayetano, M.G., Kim, J. H. (2018). Scenario study of the effect of different land use to a sub-basin in Yeongsan River basin using SWAT model. Desalination and Water treatment. 120. 198-204. 10.5004/dwt.2018.22884.
- Kecorius, S., Tamayo, E.G., Galvez, M. C., Madueño, L., Betito, G., Cayetano, M.G., Vallar, E., Wiedensohler, A. (2018). Activity Pattern of School/University Tenants and their Family Members in Metro Manila – Philippines. Aerosol and Air Quality Research. 18. 2412-2419. 10.4209/aaqr.2018.02.0069.
- Gibe, H. P. and Cayetano, M. G.: Spatial estimation of air PM2.5 emissions using activity data, local emission factors and land cover derived from satellite imagery, Atmos. Meas. Tech. Discuss., doi:10.5194/amt-2017-14, in review, 2017.
- Everlyn Gayle T. Tamayo, Mylene G. Cayetano, Charita S. Kwan, Konrad Müller, Development of an analytical method for the solvent extraction of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in air particulate matter, Journal of Environmental Science and Management (Submitted as of 31 August, 2016)
- Jinsang Jung, KwangYul Lee, Mylene G. Cayetano, Tsatsral Batmunkh, and Young J. Kim (2015). Optical and hygroscopic properties of long-range transported haze plumes observed at Deokjeok Island off the west coast of the Korean Peninsula under the Asian continental outflows. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres. 120, 8861-8877
- Edgar Vallar, Maria Cecilia Galvez, Red Castilla, Mylene Cayetano, James Simpas, Melliza Cruz, Rheo Lamorena-Lim, Len Herald Lim, Preciosa Corazon Pabroa, Ronald Macatangay, Gerry Bagtasa, Teresita Peralta, Jean Rosete, and Vernon Morris. (2015) Analysis of tropospheric and columnar Ozone measurements in Manila, Philippines.ACRS Publication
- Mylene G. Cayetano, Colleen Marciel Rosales and Rheo B. Lamorena-Lim. (2015) Determination of particulate and elemental emission factors from selected area and point sources in Metro Manila, UNU-GIST Publication.
- Mylene G. Cayetano, Philip K. Hopke, Kwon H. Lee, Jinsang Jung, Tsatsral Batmunkh, Kwangyul Lee, and Young J. Kim. Investigations of transported and local emissions on particle compositions in Korea. Aerosol and Air Quality Research, (accepted as of July 2013
- Tong Zhu, Mylene G. Cayetano, Changhong Chen, Sarath Guttikunda, Min Hu, Young J. Kim, Yataka Kondo, Peter K.K. Louie, Luisa Molina, Yu Morino, Nguyen Thi Kim Oanh, Eduardo P. Olaguer, Didin Agustian Permadi, Prapat Pongkiatkul, Abdus Salam, Min Shao, Xuesong Sun,Shinji Wakamatsu, Hongli Wang and Peyman Zawar-Reza.(2012). WMO/IGAC Impacts of Megacities on Air Pollution and Climate. Chapter 3 – Asia. p. 59~140
- Mylene G. Cayetano, Young J. Kim, Jin Sang Jung, Tsatsral Batmunkh, Kwang Yul Lee, Sung Yong Kim, Kwan Chul Kim, Dong Gyu Kim, Suk Jo Lee, Jeong Soo Kim and Lim Seok Chang. 2011. Observed chemical characteristics of long range transported particles at a marine background site in Korea. J. Air & Waste Manage. Assoc. 61:1–12 DOI:
- Batmunkh, Y.J.Kim, K.Y.Lee, Cayetano M. G., J.S.Jung, S.Y. Kim, D.G.Kim, K.C.Kim, S.J. Lee, J.S. Kim, L.S. Chang, and J.Y. An. 2011. Time-resolved measurements of PM2.5carbonaceous aerosols at Gosan, Korea. J. Air & Waste Manage. Assoc. 61:1–10. DOI:10.1080/10473289.2011.609761
- Santiago, E. C., and Cayetano M. G., 2010. Organochlorine Pesticides in Ambient Air in Selected Urban and Rural Residential Areas in the Philippines Derived from Passive Samplers with Polyurethane Disks, Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 1-6.
- Jung, J., Y. J. Kim, K. Y. Lee, Cayetano M. G., T. Batmunkh, J. H. Koo, and J. Kim.. Spectral optical properties of long-range transport Asian dust and pollution aerosols over Northeast Asia in 2007. Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., 10(2), 2397-2444.
- Santiago, E. C., and Cayetano M. G. 2007. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in ambient air in the Philippines derived from passive sampler with polyurethane foam disk. Atmospheric Environment, 41(19), 4138-4147