Cherry L. Ringor, Ph.D.
Contact(s): email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Earth Science, Kanazawa University, Japan (2004)
M.S. Geology, University of the Philippines-Diliman (2000)
B.S. Geology, University of the Philippines-Diliman (1995)
Head: Earth Surface Materials and Processes Laboratory
- coastal morphology
- marine geology
- U-Th dating of corals by alpha spectrometry
- Last Interglacial sea level and temperature changes
- fullerene nanotubes
- LIDAR Data Processing & Validation in Luzon: CAR and Selected Sites in Region 1
Project Staff L3
Duration: June 2014 – December 2016
Funding Agency: Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development – Department of Science and Technology (PCIEERD-DOST)
- Coastal Stability (Coral Reef Visualization and Assessment Program)
Duration: January 2014 – July 2015
Funding Agency: Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
- Acquisition of Detailed Bathymetry for Coastal Erosion Management
Project Staff L3
Duration: March 2012 – June 2015
Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and
- Synthesis, Morphology and Chemical Modifications of Fullerene-Based Nanomaterials for Nano-engineered Structural Materials and Optoelectronic Applications
Duration: February 2014 – February 2015
Funding Agency: PCIEERD-DOST
- Reconstructing Historical Flood Events from Massive Corals
Duration: January – December 2012
Funding Agency: Natural Sciences Research Institute, UP-Diliman (NSRI-UPD)
- Coral Assemblages in Modern and Uplifted Reef Terraces from Pamilacan Island, Bohol
Duration: January – December 2011
Funding Agency: NSRI-UPD
- Fullerene Nanowhisker/Nanotube – Polyaniline Nanocomposite
Duration: November 2010 – November 2011
Funding Agency: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Development, UP-Diliman (OVCRD-UPD)
- Sea Surface Temperature Variability During High Sealevel Stands Recorded By Porites
Corals From Bohol, Philippines
Duration: January – December 2010
Funding Agency: NSRI-UPD Retrospective Analyses of Climate Change from Coastal Erosion Trend and Uplifted Coral
- Reef Assemblages
Project Staff L3
Duration: January 2009 – January 2011
Funding Agency: PCAARD-DOST
- In Press. Cherry L. Ringor, Chelo S. Pascua, Jancel Carlo B. Villanueva, Alexis Karla H. Garcia, Ian Jasper A. Agulo, Yoshitaka Matsushita, and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Multiwalled Carbon Nanofibers and Nanocapsules Synthesized from Plant Oil via Atmospheric CVD Process Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,16, 1–8.
- 2016. Cherry Ringor and Fernando Siringan. Net Sediment Transport in Pampanga Bay, Northwestern Manila Bay Derived from Grain Size Trends, Bathymetric Change, and Landsat Data. The Philippine Agricultural Scientist, 99(1), 68-79.
- 2015. Katherine Calamba, Cherry Ringor, Chelo Pascua, and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Pleated Surface Morphology of C60 Fullerene Nanowhiskers Incorporated by Polyaniline in N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone. Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures, 23(8), 709-714. DOI: 10.1080/1536383X.2014.971118
- 2009. Cherry L. Ringor and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Fabrication of solution grown C60 fullerene nanotubes with tunable diameter. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 9(11), 6560-6564.
- 2009.Hideaki Kitazawa, Kenjiro Hashi, Tuerxun Wuernisha, Kayoko Hotta, Cherry L Ringor, Takao Furubayashi, Atsushi Goto, Tadashi Shimizu, and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Molecular dynamics and structural phase transition in C60 nanowhiskers. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 159: 012022.
- 2008. K. Miyazawa, S. Cha, C. Ringor, J. Okuda, A. Taniguchi, M. Watanabe, M. Tachibana, and J. Minato. Synthesis of fullerene nanotubes and microtubes for materials storage, delivery and recovery. NANO: Brief Reports and Reviews 3(5), 335–339.2008. Cherry L. Ringor and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. High yield preparation of fullerene nanowhiskers and nanotubes by the solution route. NANO: Brief Reports and Reviews 3(5), 329–333.
- 2008. C. L. Ringor and K. Miyazawa. Synthesis of C60 nanotubes by liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method: influence of solvent ratio, growth temperature, and light illumination. Diamond and Related Materials 17, 529-534.
- 2008. Mingsheng Xu, Y Pathak, Daisuke Fujita, Cherry Ringor and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Covered conduction of individual C60 nanowhiskers. Nanotechnology 19(7), 075712.
- 2008. Kun’ichi Miyazawa and Cherry Ringor. Platinum chloride deposition into C60 nanotubes. Materials Letters 62, 410-413.
- 2007. Cherry Ringor, Kun’ichi Miyazawa, and Tohru Awane. Synthesis of C60 fullerene nanotubes by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method. Transactions of the Materials Research Society of Japan 32(4), 1011-1014.
- 2007. Kun’ichi Miyazawa, Kazuma Saito, Cherry Ringor, and Tokushi Kizuka. Ultrasonic pulverization of fullerene nanofibers. Transactions of the Materials Research Society of Japan 32(4), 1007-1011.
- 2004. Cherry L. Ringor, Akio Omura and Yasuo Maeda. Last Interglacial Sea Level Changes Deduced from Coral Reef Terraces in Southwest Bohol, Central Philippines. The Quaternary Research 43(6), 401-416.
- 1998. Fernando P. Siringan and Cherry L. Ringor. Changes in Bathymetry and Their Implications to Sediment Dispersal and Sedimentation Rates in Manila Bay. Science Diliman, 10(2), 12-26.
- 1997. Fernando P. Siringan and Cherry L. Ringor. Predominant Nearshore Sediment Dispersal Patterns in Manila Bay. Science Diliman, 9(1 & 2), 29-40.
- 1996. Fernando P. Siringan and Cherry L. Ringor. Changes in the Position of the Zambales Shoreline Before and After the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo Eruption: Controls of Shoreline Change. Science Diliman, 7-8, 1-13.