Cherry L. Ringor, Ph.D.
Deputy Director for Academic Affairs
Contact(s): email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Earth Science, Kanazawa University, Japan (2004)
M.S. Geology, University of the Philippines-Diliman (2000)
B.S. Geology, University of the Philippines-Diliman (1995)
Head: Earth Surface Materials and Processes Laboratory
- coastal morphology
- marine geology
- U-Th dating of corals by alpha spectrometry
- Last Interglacial sea level and temperature changes
- fullerene nanotubes
- LIDAR Data Processing & Validation in Luzon: CAR and Selected Sites in Region 1
Project Staff L3
Duration: June 2014 – December 2016
Funding Agency: Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development – Department of Science and Technology (PCIEERD-DOST)
- Coastal Stability (Coral Reef Visualization and Assessment Program)
Duration: January 2014 – July 2015
Funding Agency: Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
- Acquisition of Detailed Bathymetry for Coastal Erosion Management
Project Staff L3
Duration: March 2012 – June 2015
Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and
- Synthesis, Morphology and Chemical Modifications of Fullerene-Based Nanomaterials for Nano-engineered Structural Materials and Optoelectronic Applications
Duration: February 2014 – February 2015
Funding Agency: PCIEERD-DOST
- Reconstructing Historical Flood Events from Massive Corals
Duration: January – December 2012
Funding Agency: Natural Sciences Research Institute, UP-Diliman (NSRI-UPD)
- Coral Assemblages in Modern and Uplifted Reef Terraces from Pamilacan Island, Bohol
Duration: January – December 2011
Funding Agency: NSRI-UPD
- Fullerene Nanowhisker/Nanotube – Polyaniline Nanocomposite
Duration: November 2010 – November 2011
Funding Agency: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Development, UP-Diliman (OVCRD-UPD)
- Sea Surface Temperature Variability During High Sealevel Stands Recorded By Porites
Corals From Bohol, Philippines
Duration: January – December 2010
Funding Agency: NSRI-UPD Retrospective Analyses of Climate Change from Coastal Erosion Trend and Uplifted Coral
- Reef Assemblages
Project Staff L3
Duration: January 2009 – January 2011
Funding Agency: PCAARD-DOST
- Cajucom, E.P., Chao, G.Y., Constantino, G.A., Ejares, J.A., Quillope, S.J.G., Solomon, H.M., Ringor, C.L. (2019). Evaluation of the spatial distribution of evacuation centers in Metro Manila, Philippines. International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences – ISPRS Archives, 42 (3/W8), Pages 79-85.
- Villanueva, J.C.B., Ringor, C.L., Pascua, C.S., Miyazawa, K. (2019). Size, structure, and conductivity of plant oil-derived carbon nanospheres synthesized by atmospheric ionization CVD. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 225, Pages 84-90.
- Ringor, C. L., Pascua, C. S., Villanueva, J. C. B., Garcia, A. K. H., Agulo, I. J. A., Matsushita, Y., & Miyazawa, K. I. (2017). Multiwalled Carbon Nanofibers and Nanocapsules Synthesized from Plant Oil via Atmospheric CVD Process. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 17(5), 3543–3550. doi: 10.1166/jnn.2017.13030
- 2016. Cherry Ringor and Fernando Siringan. Net Sediment Transport in Pampanga Bay, Northwestern Manila Bay Derived from Grain Size Trends, Bathymetric Change, and Landsat Data. The Philippine Agricultural Scientist, 99(1), 68-79.
- 2015. Katherine Calamba, Cherry Ringor, Chelo Pascua, and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Pleated Surface Morphology of C60 Fullerene Nanowhiskers Incorporated by Polyaniline in N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone. Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures, 23(8), 709-714. DOI: 10.1080/1536383X.2014.971118
- 2009. Cherry L. Ringor and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Fabrication of solution grown C60 fullerene nanotubes with tunable diameter. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 9(11), 6560-6564.
- 2009.Hideaki Kitazawa, Kenjiro Hashi, Tuerxun Wuernisha, Kayoko Hotta, Cherry L Ringor, Takao Furubayashi, Atsushi Goto, Tadashi Shimizu, and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Molecular dynamics and structural phase transition in C60 nanowhiskers. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 159: 012022.
- 2008. K. Miyazawa, S. Cha, C. Ringor, J. Okuda, A. Taniguchi, M. Watanabe, M. Tachibana, and J. Minato. Synthesis of fullerene nanotubes and microtubes for materials storage, delivery and recovery. NANO: Brief Reports and Reviews 3(5), 335–339.2008. Cherry L. Ringor and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. High yield preparation of fullerene nanowhiskers and nanotubes by the solution route. NANO: Brief Reports and Reviews 3(5), 329–333.
- 2008. C. L. Ringor and K. Miyazawa. Synthesis of C60 nanotubes by liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method: influence of solvent ratio, growth temperature, and light illumination. Diamond and Related Materials 17, 529-534.
- 2008. Mingsheng Xu, Y Pathak, Daisuke Fujita, Cherry Ringor and Kun’ichi Miyazawa. Covered conduction of individual C60 nanowhiskers. Nanotechnology 19(7), 075712.
- 2008. Kun’ichi Miyazawa and Cherry Ringor. Platinum chloride deposition into C60 nanotubes. Materials Letters 62, 410-413.
- 2007. Cherry Ringor, Kun’ichi Miyazawa, and Tohru Awane. Synthesis of C60 fullerene nanotubes by the liquid-liquid interfacial precipitation method. Transactions of the Materials Research Society of Japan 32(4), 1011-1014.
- 2007. Kun’ichi Miyazawa, Kazuma Saito, Cherry Ringor, and Tokushi Kizuka. Ultrasonic pulverization of fullerene nanofibers. Transactions of the Materials Research Society of Japan 32(4), 1007-1011.
- 2004. Cherry L. Ringor, Akio Omura and Yasuo Maeda. Last Interglacial Sea Level Changes Deduced from Coral Reef Terraces in Southwest Bohol, Central Philippines. The Quaternary Research 43(6), 401-416.
- 1998. Fernando P. Siringan and Cherry L. Ringor. Changes in Bathymetry and Their Implications to Sediment Dispersal and Sedimentation Rates in Manila Bay. Science Diliman, 10(2), 12-26.
- 1997. Fernando P. Siringan and Cherry L. Ringor. Predominant Nearshore Sediment Dispersal Patterns in Manila Bay. Science Diliman, 9(1 & 2), 29-40.
- 1996. Fernando P. Siringan and Cherry L. Ringor. Changes in the Position of the Zambales Shoreline Before and After the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo Eruption: Controls of Shoreline Change. Science Diliman, 7-8, 1-13.